Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How I photograph my figures

I've got some questions about how I photograph my figures. Here is a quickie about that, and a picture of the set-up and the finished result.

1. I rig a small "studio" at home.
2. I put the figure in place and testing the angle of the camera by hand.
3. I put the camera with an 100mm macro on a tripod.
4. I use a Canon 580ex II flash in a Lastolite softbox for speedlite's.
5. I take pictures using a remote-switch and holding the flash with the other hand.
6. I take several images lighting the figure from all angles so I can give it the light I want in Photoshop.



3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I have the exact same setup but I've yet to shoot my Batman (Armored) figure yet. Thanks for sharing this is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, good job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the helpful information! I have a website as well, that specializes in action figure photography and it's nice to get some insights and other techniques. Great work and great website! :) If you're interested, I can provide my website links. Let me know and get up the great work.

    ReplyDelete