Saturday, December 29, 2012

The making of "Benny Borg"

I merged several layers so I don't have all the steps available. This is what I got.

STEP BY STEP:

As shot in the studio.
Some minor retouch.

Darkened everything except Benny.
Added a background using the blend mode Hard Light and masked out the sky. This works since I have a grey background.
Added a new sky/clouds using the blend mode Hard Light again. This works since I have a grey background.
Added some more clouds using the blend mode Hard Light.
I cut Benny out from the second step and added him above everything. This was not a perfect mask/cut out. The hair blended in from the layers under this one.
Added reflection from the ground on the guitar and some more minor retouch.
Here is the sun I made using a plug-in called Knoll Light. The layers is on top of everything and with blend mode Screen.
Here is the final image where I have done different stuff like changing the colors, sharpened, minor retouch, darkened, adding a vignette, adding a texture and so on. Just playing around until I was satisfied.






4 comments:

  1. Awesome Thanks for sharing....Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, awesome. Some more studio photography details would be very much apreciated...
    Regards

    ReplyDelete